Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jitters

Yesterday, the lovely roommate drove us to a nearby CVS pharmacy for a goodie-run. I snatched up some Claritin-D faster than you would believe, well... as fast as I could with some crazy old man who kept trying to refill a prescription too soon. There are a lot of old folks out there who just don't realize you can't get drugs whenever you want them. Anyway, I digress. Today, I can breathe! No pressure, no sore throat. So happy. 

Department of Education
The first day of school jitters caught me last night. After dinner I came home and stayed on this computer for about four hours. Four hours! The day's discussion of finances, health services, transporation, etc. reminded me that I didn't know any information about any of those things. So I got my research on and am now more settled. I ended up in bed just after midnight. THEN, I woke up in the middle of the night coughing and hacking. This was a good sign, the Claritin kicked in and I felt better right away. Then I started getting excited about feeling better, excited about today's orientation (which is just for my department; I'll be meeting all the faculty and my mentor!), and couldn't sleep. I think all together I got roughly 4 hours of sleep. But I'm still in a great mood and feeling good. Partially due to the fact that I was FIRST in the shower this morning. Man... four women sharing a single shower?? I've never had to live through such a thing. 

Cheers to another successful day on campus, and let's hope this Claritin keeps working!


No comments:

Post a Comment