Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Second Day of Grad School.

Today is Tuesday. That means the day after yesterday. So after my second round of reception, comprehension, discussion, learning, experiencing, eating, walking, and story telling in ASL; I'm feeling more comfortable with myself and with the school, and more confident in my class participation. 

No tears today. 

Nearly all my classes are Monday and Tuesday, with the exception of a 2.5 hours seminar every Friday morning. Not bad, right? Except for the fact that my meal breaks are few and short. Now I understand why grad students always carry food with them wherever they go. You never know if you have to work/learn through lunch, and dinner, and into the night, and onward through breakfast. 

For several of my classes we have to pick a topic, subject matter, or idea in connection with a presentation, project, or paper. So far, I've been able to find relating ideas about multi-cultural, race & ethnicity, and literacy. Those topics are so interesting to me. I have no idea what I'm doing, but so far I'm having fun and have found some inspiration. 

Thanks to Labor Day, I don't have class until Tuesday... that's 6 days off! Don't worry, I'm burying my nose in my books. 

After next week, it will be in depth learning, involvement, immersion, and dedication. I have to retain a 3.0 GPA to graduate and a 3.5 GPA to keep my scholarship. 

Happy Labor Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment