Wednesday, December 28, 2011

'Tis the season

A Self Portrait.


Wow, I haven't updated since September. If its any solace, I got all A's and a B+ and worked 20 hours a week. And got sick twice. And my dad was in and out of a nursing home and hospital. But now, I have time and even MORE reason to blog. I'm going to India. Remember during orientation week when I was a hot mess? I didn't know what I was doing and was interested in international deaf education? Well, Gallaudet is hosting a study abroad program in India and I'm going!!!!!! First time out of the states. Don't tell anyone. It's a little embarrassing. Especially since I'm from California. You'd think I would have at least been to Tijuana. Anyway, I'll be updating here, at ASLshauna.blogspot.com, at least daily with pictures and anecdotes. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait! I other news my Dad is doing better, but as of tonight, back in the hospital. I'm just hoping for the best. Also as of tonight, Chelsea Lately is hilarious. I digress... So school is awesome. I'm so glad I put on my big girl pants and dealt with it all. I almost feel like a grown up. Spring 2012 semester has a big surprise I store, stay tuned... I (finally) got to spend the holidays with my parents this year. Just in time for my mother's 70th Birthday!!!!! Wow. 70. That's a big deal. I'm so happy for her and so proud of her for being a strong woman. Happy Birthday, Mom! This past year has been intense: Promoted. More ASL classes. Rocky relationships. Self confidence. Dad's stroke. Seeing my long lost brother and sister. Choosing and going to a grad school. Moving. Accepting newness. Transferring jobs. Dealing with the reality that is the horribleness of the DC metro. Finding my strength. Letting go and moving on. If I keep this up, I just might post my New Year's Resolutions. Happy Holidays.





- 📳Posted using 📝BlogPress from my iPad📲.

Location:A Hotel: Sterling Rd,Dulles,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment