Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summary Journal Entry

I came in this class wanting to make friends, strengthen my ASL communication skills, and learn more about Deaf History and Deaf Art. This class has touched on so many different topics within the deaf community. Luckily, John gave us so much information within the short period of time we spent in each subgroup. I am definitly inspired to do my own research regarding Deaf Queer
Communities, Latino Deaf, Racism in the Deaf community, and Health concerns.

I am still unclear if I am accepted to the program. I really hope I am accepted. I am going to miss the comeraderie of the group. I will miss meeting these friends and sharing Deaf culture together. Whether I am accepted or not, my journey into the Deaf World has just begun.


- Beamed from my Soul Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment