Saturday, August 14, 2010

Survey Says?


Mr. Chair has since submitted the official status of my acceptance:

DENIED.

I found out last Monday, but in an effort to refrain from a more emotionally inclined post I have waited until today. I was so very disappointed. More than I thought. I cried, I cried again. I thought I was done with the tears because I knew, before getting into the class, that I had not been accepted.
But I still cried.
Failure is not something I am accustomed to. It hurts. Last year I failed in my application; I didn't even get an interview. This year I failed my interview. And now my wait list.

I haven't failed like this since my DMV driving test.

But, I'm not giving up.
I'm already RSVP'd for the Open House at Gallaudet for their graduate school. I've joined one of those yahoo! Meetup groups ASLNYC. the group has a lot of beginners. They're all beginners, but I'm happy to be signing and making new friends. While at the last meeting, 2 of the girls invited me to a Deaf mixer tonight.

My ball is starting to roll.

The Deaf Expo is coming up and a good friend of mine is going with me.

All three of the elementary schools of the deaf are hiring classroom assitants and I'm sending my resumé.

When one door closes, three more open.


- Beamed from my Soul Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment