Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interview: Done!

Well, well, well....

It has been quite some time since a post. Tsk, tsk. I am still working on the application, ordering more transcripts, working on my skills for my signed application to be send on DVD, and have just today.... had my video chat interview with Gallaudet!

I was so nervous!
I took my nail polish off.
My rings off.
My hair back.
My shirt, dark.
The wall, blank and well lit.
Borrow internet and a machine.
Scheduled time off and left plenty of time in the window.

Alas, a mere 9 minutes later, we were done! At first I was so nervous, I couldn't understand what she was saying. Three time I asked her to repeat herself. ....jeez Shauna... But once I got going, I felt much more comfortable and remembered to be:
Clear.
Comfortable.
Honest.
Sincere.
Myself.

and to take my time. :-)

Onebigfatexhalelater... Now I have the confidence to finish my signed application, take the ASLPI on March 9, and sign up for the Praxis!

A big shout out to the folks who helped me arrange the interview and to all of those who have been supporting me! Thanks for the love, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment